Professional profile

Discussion in 'Site Problems' started by admin1, Apr 25, 2010.

1. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Don't take me wrong, I'm not writing this because I'm "prude" but if the members here represent professional traders/fitters etc I think their avatar should portrait at least some decency and professionalism.

I realise that most posts are not open to be viewed by the "general public" but some avatars IMHO do give the impression it is more of a pub-brawl/lads attitude than promoting the trade in the best way possible.

"Humping" dogs is not what I would call a professional "logo" for a professional fitter (and it gets really boring once the novelty has passed)

2. tedmaced

tedmaced Well-Known Member

3. bladerunner

bladerunner Well-Known Member

Im going to asda tomorrow to buy avatar.

4. tedmaced

5. Lambchop

Lambchop Well-Known Member

I'm sick of being the underdog..

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

lets put it to a poll! What are everyones views??

7. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Deicide if yiou want to be seen as a professional or as lads among each other.

We are frequently asked if we know reputable fitters in areas we don't work ourselves - like the Bristol job recently. If you take yourself seriously yuou should IMHO portait yourself as a serious trader, who knows what type of job you might miss out on just because your "avatar".

We are no saints ourselves, don't'btake me wrong but some avatars are really OTT.

8. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Need to keep in mind that this forum is designed to help the public but is more so dedicted to helping the people in the trade. We dont allow people to trade on here unless their paying a trader fee so no buisness to themselfs will be lost. However if they was a trader on here and decided to have daft avatar then its there own fault if they loose buisness.

We will in the future being having a "trade Profile" matching section but thats still being developed.

There is a poll here - viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1423 if you want to submit your vote on avatars. posting.php?mode=smilies&f=29# :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

9. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Can i point out im not a teddy shagger, that was someone else off another place, its not me in the avater, its a stunt dog, no animals were hurt during the filming. and that i have no control over my life. I thankyou, heres winking at you beautiful. x

10. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

:D
    Love the ;)

11. tedmaced

That is brilliant

12. tedmaced

What a boring avatar you have Ian :ugeek: