Recommended or favourite glue down LVT?

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Catflap, Jun 19, 2019.

1. merit

merit Well-Known Member

There all plastic and fantastic. You should pick the colour/style you like and most importantly know who’s fitting it. How old the retailer is or how many other floor coverings they sell could be irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Arla

Arla Active Member

Isn't that the case with everything. You need a trusted trader one who not only advises but delivers.

I have always worked off the point that the consumer has a rough idea what they want and the Tradesman can help pinpoint requirements and then supply and fit unless the Consumer has very specific demands.

Do Traders mind if the customer says they will provide the LVT tiles?

3. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Is there a particular reason you are not using the retailer to do the whole job?

4. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Get everything from the same place, if anything goes wrong then you can get the blame game between the suppliers and the installer if you get it all from the same place then that solves that issue. Also we refuse to fit anything bought online, you don’t know how it’s been stored, if it’s B grade (generally is) and voids any warranties anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Arla

Arla Active Member

The two retailers who stock WestEx only stock the carpets but then can get it in as they say but then said they would get an LVT installer. The retailer that focuses on LVT doesnt stock Westex.

TBH I think I need to find an independent guy to do the whole job (which is what I prefer) The retailers don't fit themselves they just sub contract the job.

6. Arla

Arla Active Member

I agree I want one guy / retailer to do the whole thing.