Snow

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Spacey, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Hows everyone been dealing with the snow if you’ve had any ?

Hasn’t really stopped for days up here
    I had a job book in for these 3days in the sticks and the roads are completely impassable

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Stay in and watch a few films. Only travel if local and necessary. Mrs jones floor will just have to wait a few more days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Had to drive back from London night work at 4:00am on Wednesday morning. Thick snow. Couldn’t see the lane lines. One car was spinning round in circles on the other side of the road. Horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Peter A Lewis

Peter A Lewis Well-Known Member

Not too bad down in West Wales, managed to get out and work, but staying local.

5. JB Flooring

JB Flooring Well-Known Member

It has been bad up here although managed to work has normal just being local.

6. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

Stuck in a hotel in Cheltenham. Now going to stay until next week. Just being safe from other drivers on the road who can't manage snow and cause 8hr delays

7. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

I drove down from Newcastle to Rugby on Wednesday. I thought I was going to be snowed in as the A1 at Durham had been shut as impassable. As soon as I heard it was open a made a start on my journey and despite seeing jack knifed lorries and cars the had spun off the road into lamp posts, ditches and onto grass verges I did make it home. Just as well I went when I did as I don't think I would have got back on my intended day of travel and may well still be there now. Still there's worse places than Newcastle to be stuck.

8. Roidsey

Roidsey Well-Known Member

Crazy down here in west Somerset!, never seen snow like it, everywhere shut, great for taking the boy sledging though!

9. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

work blew out for monday non to fill tuesday/wednesday in with at short notice and couldngt be bothered to phone round looking either then didnt fancy it yesterday or today so try again monday, only local so will make the effort even if still bit snowy

10. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

was meant to be thursday down in liphook had a look at travel reports around the time id of been coming home and a lorry had flipped on route id of taken blocking hindhead tunnel so felt very vindicated at that point :)

11. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Was in London on Monday, snowing but all fine. Tues & Wed in Manchester, not a great drive up, nearly 5 hours to get there (normally 3), and some bum gravey moments on some back roads.
    Drove back to herts Wed night and not a great drive, lots of snow, but kept moving. Some white outs on M6
    Boys went to Nottingham Thursday, another shitty drive, but kept moving.
    Today, all of us were in n.london. Lots of ice, but not so bad, and no traffic at all.
    I picked up my father in law tonight from hospital, who had in for an op. Normally a 20 min drive to the hospital and 20 more to his house. It took us nearly 5 hours. Really bad snow, ploughs on the A1, and about 30-40mph max on all roads.
    To be fair, i`ve never seen so many gritters & ploughs on the roads.

12. Nick58

Nick58 Well-Known Member

Couldnt get to work tuesday /wednesday here in kent!!
    Making it up todayo_O

13. gordon

gordon Member

Yea.. Have gone through a similar situation.!!