Tips to finish tricky stiff boards

Discussion in 'Wood' started by Freemanator, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Freemanator

Freemanator New Member

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance for the help. I have layed floating engineered Wood flooring across the whole of the downstairs of my house (bar the end of the hallway that I'm trying to complete).

Over this time we've added and finished other things around it. Like building cupboards under the stairs and putting the kitchen in.

So with most of it done I've got stuck with one board that I just can't get in. I've cut it twice to see if a different one would help but to no avail. I can't replace the board it is joining to as it is an established part of the floor now.

I'm using a click system and I can get the board to engage, but then I can't for love nor money bang it to close over the tongue and groove at the end.

I've cleaned both parts of the click joint repeatedly, and tried a shorter test piece that I managed to knock along the length fairly happily.

I've made sure it is well supported at the other end and even ratcheted and strapped the whole length to minimise any spring back.

Is there anything else that I can do?