To Karndean or not

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by Pete, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I just want the ticket but your only amtico approved when you've done advanced & have nvq

2. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

I never said I call my self amtico approved :) I say im amtico trained which to the general public is one and the same, if they ask if im approved I just say ive been and done the course and leave it at that, will do the advanced at some point as I sell amtico, not sure im gonna bother ever doing the karndean one as I havent sold it bar some art select to my dad in years as I dont push their products and actively put people off it, in fact im near sure ill never do it as ill probably get chucked off for moaning about their ****e products the entire time I was there, their feature strips drain the bloody life out of me I could kill when I have to use them.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. Spacey

I actively put people off Spamtico due to the fact there arse holes

4. pf flooring

Gonna be pushing distinctive from now on but can honestly say Ive had probably in last 3 years 1 problem job using amtico, double figures with karndean easily if its not sent in wrong its poorly cut tiles that dont marry up or scratching ridiculasly easily, for one of the big boys I can honestly say how? they must have a pr genius working there as its certainly not quality they sell.

5. Cre8tiveflooring

Cre8tiveflooring Well-Known Member

Until they change the rules again. After doing the basic(as there wasn't an advanced at the time) was told by Amtico that you were an approved installer and had to do the course to get the full guarantee for the customer.

6. Spacey

Only ever had dodgy strips with Karndean never tiles

7. Spacey

As I said Arse holes

8. pf flooring

every single strip I have ever bought from karndean has been **** poor and that is not an exaggeration, but thats what you get when your using second hand blades to cut you tiles I guess.

9. Spacey

There was a fase of bad strips but I've only had the odd strip for a while now

10. dazza

dazza Well-Known Member

I don't push amtico used to push Karndean but putting more clients on to Mflor easily done one today just from showing samples. Karndean going down hill but the clients know the name like amtico.

11. nevertrever2

nevertrever2 Well-Known Member

its the little dog in the logo that gets everyone buying, we love a little doggie :)

12. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

oh... just got told off.. not saying now...

13. Spacey

Its Karndeans love of little doggy's that got me on their advanced course for free :shock:

14. pf flooring

You should start selling tips on how to get things for free youd make a killing lol

15. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I'm finding on each pack 2-3 strips will be twisted. The other week had 21 bad strips out of 10 packs. They were 3mm wide ones.

16. pf flooring

karndean have a half mm tolerance on there strips if you get 3mm strips look at the box it says 2.5-3mm so if your getting gaps you know why its because your getting a load of thinner strips over say 6 strips at that tolerance your talking 3mm worse case doesnt help that they are poorly cut too either its a nightmare deburring strips!

17. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

I've found polyflor strips are much better.

18. Cre8tiveflooring

Cre8tiveflooring Well-Known Member

Yeah, never seem to get problems with those. Just a shame they don't do a wide range of thicknesses and widths.

19. nevertrever2

nevertrever2 Well-Known Member

I'd agree with that never had a polyflor strip be out, I triple mine up to get a 9mm band normally put a lighter strip in the middle of two darker ones.

20. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Im starting do dislike Karndean real fast. Had 60m2 in Opus (18 x 24) tiles with a light strip few weeks back and I had issues with half the strips, quality was ****e imo but the customer agreed with the shop to continue laying them. You find yourself using extreme power on some of the tiles to try and get them to butt up but dont always work out.

used a lot of Camaro/colonia with strips and dont get any issues, so much easier and less effort without fighting with the damn tiles like with Karndean. Haven't done much Amtico lately but they wasnt as bad as bloody Karndean.