Training centre open day

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by flooringman, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Any to think Daz fell asleep !! The wee irish man was ready for soem more action.

Just remembered Hobbit, you was introduced to poppadoms! (the crispy pancake things). If ever your over again mate i will take you to a proper Curry house. The one we went to was a Curry house converted to u.k tastes, a few miles down the road and the food is amazing. Proper indian food.

2. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

the popadomms over here are more like pita bread (flat, no taste). in saying that an indain restruant with a good rep (although i've never tryied them) wants his place re referbed around august some time and has asked me to price up a carpet for him, eye balling it, it's about 200 meters so i will tackel him on some real indian food

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Good luck with that one mate

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Great the way every one got on throughout the day. Good demos by all the lads. Thanks for sorting the food / tea out too. Hope it's a yearly event Matt.

5. Rugrat

Rugrat Well-Known Member

I am very sorry that I missed it. Had to go to some school performance family time.
    Great to hear you all had a good time.

6. scotflooring

scotflooring Well-Known Member

Aye, a couple of kegs mate! :D Just reading the messges now as just back from Lake District with no signal with phone nearly exploding with new messages and missed calls now I am back up the road :x :x Why is it women think when you are self employed you can just turn your phone off for a few days? :shock:

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Depends what sort of phone you've got and where you're going, if its one of those new ones that use the internet like the stuppid Iphone or others make sure you switch of the conectivity when out of the country or you're cross network roaming and the charges for downloading and constant access to the internet will most certainly cost you a small fortune when you get home and get your bill ouch. One of the misses friends at work was in Hong Kong with her and she forgot to switch her's off and just got her bill for £580 ouch on this occasion vodaphone are waving it but next time they said they won't.

8. scotflooring

scotflooring Well-Known Member

Depends what sort of phone you've got and where you're going, if its one of those new ones that use the internet like the stuppid Iphone or others make sure you switch of the conectivity when out of the country or you're cross network roaming and the charges for downloading and constant access to the internet will most certainly cost you a small fortune when you get home and get your bill ouch. One of the misses friends at work was in Hong Kong with her and she forgot to switch her's off and just got her bill for £580 ouch on this occasion vodaphone are waving it but next time they said they won't.[/quote]

Would have been better off with 2 tin cans and a bit of string than a £400 phone :lol:

9. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Depends what sort of phone you've got and where you're going, if its one of those new ones that use the internet like the stuppid Iphone or others make sure you switch of the conectivity when out of the country or you're cross network roaming and the charges for downloading and constant access to the internet will most certainly cost you a small fortune when you get home and get your bill ouch. One of the misses friends at work was in Hong Kong with her and she forgot to switch her's off and just got her bill for £580 ouch on this occasion vodaphone are waving it but next time they said they won't.[/quote]

I used mine for texting, emailing and using Internet while I was on hol in portugal, just find a pub with wi fi. Easy. Nothing on my bill.

10. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

Just noticed the open day pics on facebook
    How bout getting the pics tagged with folks names so we can tell all you ugly getts apart? :lol:

11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

LOL like it Cool nice.

12. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

I will point Dave brown to this post and get him to sort it ;)