Underlay for laminate with underfloor heating

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Andrew Davis, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis New Member

Hi,

I'd like to ask some advice if possible. I'd like to install some laminate flooring from wickes onto a floor with water u/f heating installed. The underlay must be 3mm or less in thickness, not sure why, but I was thinking to go for their simple 3mm foam roll because it's thin enough, and has a low tog value of 0.4. However, wickes state that its ideal for cold rooms because it has excellent thermal resistance - does anyone know which is true?

Also, would I need to install a dpm on top of the screed?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks, Andrew

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

If the screeds new than yes you will need a dpm. The tog rating seems low enough. If it states it’s suitable for ufh it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis New Member

Thanks for that merit. The screed was the flow type and was installed in 2016 so hopefully should be dry by now! The floor seems super flat so I don't think having a thin underlay will be a issue, I found a similar one at BandQ and it states that it's suitable for uf heating so I think I'll go for that. Thanks again

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Yeah that will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. John Randle

John Randle Member

Ive seen a 2mm Red underlay around on the online which is a good for underfloor heating. Try Amazon