Vito Vans

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Steve M, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Steve M

Steve M Active Member

Can anyone help with any of the following questions about The Mercedes Vito?

Load length with front seats removed?

Do front seats fold?

Crew van do front seats fold or recline?

Load length of Crew van with seats removed?

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

:D

3. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

That bad ?
    I was thinking of one, but there still £££££

4. Rugmunching

The sport looks nice but a subby mate of mine slags his off everytime I see him and I drove it and I was expecting it to be quick but my vivaro 130 is alot quicker and handles so much firmer. The Vito just feels like a whale on country roads and the gear ratio is awful.

I know the hermes delivery driver that said if you don't mind pottering along and looking for an easy ride into retirement then get yourself a Vito because they're boring fcuk lol

5. Rugmunching

All vans are pricey now, my eldest was on about paying £550 a month for a transit ms rt :eek: foolish boy

6. Neilydun

Yep, I agree. Ive had my Transporter for about 4 years, put 100k on it and its worth nearly as much now, as when I bought it.
    This would be to replace my sons Caddy. He really needs something bigger now.
    Ive seen a 116 which looks good and low miles, or it will be a new shape Vivaro. Ive got a 2.0 Peugeot which is basically the same, and its been pretty good so far.
    Ive never actually driven a Vito

7. Rugmunching

Drive one Neil and see what you think.
    Around town they're alright but not for me on the motorway.
    The 116 is what the subby has and he said he can load it up OK with some decent weight and it does sit alot firmer.
    I just find them so boring to drive especially how floaty they are on the motorway.

If you are going to test one then load it up and see how you feel with it.

8. Neilydun

Yep, if I get time Monday, I will check it out and give it a drive.
    They are very bland inside, but I think the exterior looks good.
    So long as it covers the miles in comfort, and can take over a ton it should be ok. I have heard they are pretty reliable.

9. Rugmunching

Super reliable your right, pretty sure I was told last time that the 2.2 engine is the best one to have but they are reliable workhorses that's for sure.
    Mate of mine has a 12 plate that's still going strong with 220k on the clock, same engine

10. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

I think it's the same engine as the sprinter and mines done 317k and still going great

11. Neilydun

I got rid of a 51 plate Sprinter I bought from new after a couple of years, and about 100k.
    It went on to do over 500k before it was scrapped.
    I said I would never buy another due to the terrible way the main dealers were, but now I always use my local garage for everything, so that won`t be a problem.

12. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

I've got one. :rolleyes:

13. Neilydun

I know, Mr. MPG
    But you only need to carry some ramps and a grinder now ;)

14. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

I've had a few, got my 21 plate last year (September), collecting a new one next week as the ash tray is full

15. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I got a new vivaro 4 years ago and it’s the best van I’ve ever had. Got a boxer at the same time that’s not bad but wouldn’t want to drive it everyday. Vivaro be good as gold about 75k on the clock and no issues. The pugs done less than 50k and the gear box already gone and handbrakes gone. Problems with electrics too. Shoddy parts

16. Rugmunching

Same here, vivaro sportive on the 18 plate, been solid all the way and have the most comfortable driving position out them all in my opinion.

17. Neilydun

Is that the new shape or old shape.
    We run both, but the new shape is Peugeot based. Both have been good so far. Both at about 80k
    Both not very comfy for passengers though. Normally we have 3 to a van.
    I would rather the Transporter over them all tbh, but maybe thats because its super quick for a van

18. Steve M

Steve M Active Member

Can you get 4 meters into the transporter?

19. Steve M

Steve M Active Member

Can you get 4 meters into the Vivaro?

20. Rugmunching

A small cut rolled tight without the pole you can slide through the hatch into the front but too fat and you won't get it in. Would if there was no bulkhead but sod that.