What colour is my Karndean floor?

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Maria, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Maria

Maria New Member

Hello,
    I am hoping that someone can help me figure out what colour my Karndean flooring is (please see photos attached). I ordered samples of: Van Gogh Auckland Oak VGW52T and Art Select Spring Oak RL01, neither seem to match. My flooring is a deep Oak colour and a little shiny. The Auckland Oak was too matte, and the Spring Oak was too yellow. The design definitely matches so I am sure that it is Karndean. Could anyone please suggest which colour to try?
    Thank you very much for your help!

Attached Files:

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

It’s Van Gogh I’d say looking at the bevel. If 7” then should be anyway. Would of guessed at Auckland oak myself.

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

How long has your floor been down as Karndean is made in batches like wall paper and the colour can change slightly over time plus different planks in a box are different colour so it always harder to match with small sample pieces

4. Maria

Maria New Member

Hi, yes it is 7" wide, and it would have been done around 2012. I though it was Auckland Oak too, but my flooring has an even shiny surface and the sample I received was too matte. Perhaps I got an odd sample?

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Yours might of been polished up over the years. You can apply coats of polish on the floor to shine it up.

6. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

The polyurethane wear layer has been changed since you bought your floor
    VanGogh is now a more Matt finish

7. Maria

Maria New Member

That makes sense now thank you! Is there anything that I can do about this to get another similar colour and finish?

8. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Strip it all then 3 coats of Karndean refresh should do it